Saturday, March 24, 2007

Macon pictures

This goes with the Macon blog, but the software only allows 5 pictures - SO!

This is the same street with the crowd but a block south. The police have their two command stations set up here because there is a concert stage on the far right for this evening. There is a university within walking distance, so I guess they expect some of the concert goers to need a ride to what will be their temporary home until they tell the judge they are sorry.
These azelas just demanded I take their picture.
Just a close up of a cherry bloom that was so fresh with the sky for a background.














The Baptist church I noted earlier. The picture does not tell you this church takes up a city block as does the Catholic church to my left as I took this picture.

It would appear that only healthy members are able to attend here. Look at the number of steep stairs to reach the front doors. I am sure there is a back entrance, but the back of the church is a block away!

I wish I had taken time to peek at the inside. It might have been open and as fabulous inside as out.